Website (0063) IBM India Private Limited
IBM Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India On-site 1 week ago 46 applicants
10,001+ employees · IT Services and IT Consulting
See how you compare to 46 applicants. Try Premium for free
Your skills are a strong match for this job
About the job
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Design Director, you lead a group of designers through a proposed solution phase. You are responsible for communicating up through the team; reach out to peers to seek critique to align across teams. You’ll help less experienced team members support the design story and direction. We will expect you to have exposure to multiple projects, complete assigned work independently. You’ll be accountable for decisions at the project level.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Leads the implementation and facilitation of client workshops and participating in client-facing presentations. Directs others in working with clients.
- Owns the delivery of innovative user experiences and market outcomes. Leads individual contributions and small team workstreams. Direct the work of junior team members. Develops and disseminates original intellectual capital for IBM and clients. Imparts skills and best practices across the team and studio.
- Active participation and contributions to design associations and communities. Participates and co-facilitates studio events and programs. May contribute to cross-team and open source initiatives. Mentors junior teammates, may give skill-based training sessions. Drives involvement of their team in the design community.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking, problem framing, problem solving, and craft skills. Facilitates workshops. Assigns work where appropriate. Participates in developing new design thinking techniques as needed. Leads story, issue writing and use of agile practices within a workstream. Where applicable, helps to drive software delivery processes and practices.
- Practices and encourages cross-functional team collaboration. Seeks new responsibilities proactively, shows maturity and diplomacy, and creates opportunities for others. Leads project management in addition to individual design work.
- Initiates design-focused groups and meetups. Speaks at studio-wide events. Co-present at conferences. Accumulates enough experiences to be sought after to provide their perspectives in their craft. Gaining experience of giving external presentations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Define the overall product direction and user experience for entire projects and/or complex individual tasks.
- Take an active role in defining new UX processes and standards.
- Hands on designer adept in user empathy, research, analytics, collaboration, quick prototyping and storytelling.
- Develop and demonstrate strong interpersonal, people, and project management skills.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines.
- Self-starting attitude and an open outlook.
- Awareness of current trends in business, design and technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills in order to make outstanding pitches.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date and proof of vaccination status will be required before your start date. During the Onboarding process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status, in case you are unable to get vaccinated for any reason, you can let us know at that stage. Please let us know if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons. IBM will consider such requests on a case by case basis subject to submission of required proof by the candidate before a stipulated date.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ibm.com.